Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Price of Peace and Quiet

So sometimes peace and quiet is priceless . . . and sometimes it is verrrry expensive. Take today for example. The kids were so good all morning while Mommy and Daddy were getting ready to have a friend's baby shower at our house (which went very well I might add - Mommy actually COOKED!)

But then, Mommy and Daddy were REALLY tired afterwards, and Daddy's allergies were killing him. So Daddy laid down for a nap in the bedroom, and Mommy thought 'I'll just lay right here on the couch. They can't get in too much trouble right?' Well . . .

Part 1: Mommy suddenly wakes up from the couch thinking 'Did I tell Eve she could get cheese?' And in fact, I was correct because the evidence showed 3 children at the table and shredded cheese everywhere.

Part 2: Mommy locks herself in the office, so she won't kill the children. And then, a knock at the door and little Eden's voice 'Mommy, Eli's stepping on the walls.' To which Mommy replies, 'What? Eli's stepping on the walls?' To which Eden says, 'No! Eli's STAMPING on the walls!' Mommy jumps up to find not only walls covered in pink princess stamps but hands, arms, faces, legs and every other inch not covered in clothes.

So at this point, Mommy goes in to wake up Daddy . . . 'Sorry to wake you up, but if you don't help me I might kill the children.'

Part 3: After dinner, Mommy walking around the kitchen in her bare feet thinks 'What is that? I just cleaned the floor this morning.' And then discovers a trail of laundry detergent from the laundry room to the kitchen sink. So if our dishes smell like Tide and our laundry smells like Cascade - you'll know why.

Part 4: Mommy doing dishes and Daddy reading books to Eden and Eve on the couch. Mommy thinks 'Hmmm . . . I just saw Eli with his toothbrush - uh oh - that means he's been in the bathroom.' And correct again - Eli walks out covered in vaseline (AFTER his bath to get off all the stamps I might add).

So that was our evening from 5-8pm. I think they are in bed, and we are safe now . . . until morning and we can start all over again. Ahhh, the price of peace and quiet.

2 comments:

  1. You are such a copy cat with my polka dots! I might forgive you... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it b/c it sounds just like my house.

    ReplyDelete