Saturday, May 16, 2009

Can't Compete with Oreos

This is take 2 - the first version of this got deleted accidentally. . .uuuggghh.

So yesterday Eve declared "This is the best day of my whole life ever!" Although Mommy would like to think it was because I came up to her school to eat lunch with her, I think it really had more to do with this . . .



That is Oreo. He (she? but we'll just say he) is the school mascot. He lives in the school courtyard, and most of our previous lunch time visits included futile attempts to get Oreo to come out of his little home in the middle of a big bush. But today Oreo hopped out all on his own! And Mommy was the hero when I actually got him in my lap. (Photo courtesy of Eve Dennard - future professional photographer)



So Oreo got lots of attention and a really good back rub. Mommy really likes soft furry animals (i.e. NOT dogs - sorry), so I did have a moment of temporary insanity when I thought 'Maybe we should get a bunny for home.' Thankfully, I came to my senses before the question was actually asked by Eve. 'Well, maybe when you are in high school.' So clever, I know. I learned my lesson the hard way when I told her a few years ago she could have a guinea pig when she turned six. (Time sure flies - and a friend recently commented that Eve probably remembers being born! - Elephants got nothin' on her.) Thankfully, Eve opted for the book bag birthday present instead. Go figure. It was close though, and Mommy was a little worried.

Anyway, here she is in the courtyard next to the fish pond.



And here we are - my last school lunch with Eve as a kindergartner. Sniff.



Have a good summer Oreo!! Don't eat too many carrots! Hope to see you again next year!


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment