Sunday, July 26, 2009

I LOVE BOOKS!

So I think blogging has been most recently replaced by reading - my long lost love! I am proud of myself for recently finishing FOUR whole books - I know I haven't done that since at least before medical school (not counting textbooks of course). I've begun reading LOTS of books but actually finishing them is an entirely different story. Anyway, I just wanted to share - they were all REALLY good.




The first one was Mommy Grace - Erasing Your Mommy Guilt. Enough said but boy did I need that one!






And then Richest Man in Babylon - good simple financial advice and entertaining too. I started talking to Shilo in "thees and thous" for a little while.







Then the book Shilo got me for Mother's Day. . .







This one was good but maybe a little too close to reality - it stressed me out and made me kind of sad- maybe I'll read it again when I'm retired.


Then last but best of all was Pride and Prejudice (somehow I missed reading this one in high school English classes). I saw the movie but couldn't understand half of what they said because of those darn British accents. I think it's my all-time favorite, and I'm ready to watch the movie again . . . and again . . . and again . . .






So now that I have returned from Derbyshire and Pemberley, I am trying to resist the urge of becoming lost in Harry Potter and Twilight . . . although I'm not sure I can resist forever. If you don't hear from me for a few weeks, you'll know why!







2 comments:

  1. I am glad to know that as Valedictorian and Salutatorian (did I spell those right) that we don't read. Good for you...four! I read ONE this summer!!! We can say that our "occupations" don't give us time to read?!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to read that first one, too! :) ... (Cute blog theme, BTW)

    ReplyDelete