Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Friday Funnies

Just documenting for blog world a few recent happenings . . . (I'll go ahead and post this now and be early instead of late for once in my life!)

Last week I opened the cable bill to discover Eve (at 6 years old) apparently has figured out how to order movies off On Demand. Thankfully, they were PG (Ice Age etc. . . ) I got my first clue that she was the culprit from the times 8am . . . 8:06 am . . . when Mommy and Daddy are occasionally still asleep - or more likely Mommy is still asleep and Daddy is out playing an early morning round of disc golf (his new addiction).

Then, last night after Mommy was attempting to play Eve's V-Smile video game, Eve thought it necessarily to console me: "It's OK Mom - it was just your first time. You'll get better if you keep practicing."

And I love Eden's vocabulary - visiting Pops while working on his "repartment" and wondering if the "beta-sitter" is coming.

Eli has recently become enamored with Eden's pink crocs. I couldn't believe Daddy let him out the door with them on but Daddy says "Shoot - he plays with dolls and wears make-up - why shouldn't he wear pink crocs!?" I say Eli is secure in his masculinity despite the influence of his older sisters.

Other goings-on in the Dennard family (i.e. brief summer recap)- both girls taking gymnastics at the Y - soo cute to watch! - and usually accompanied by swimming at the water park there. Eve did quite well for a newbie at tennis camp a few weeks ago and now doing VBS at Journey Community Church this week. Oh - and squeezed in a trip to Riverbanks zoo last Friday with Emrie and Drew (will try to post the pictures). Can't believe summer is almost over! Hope everyone else is having a great one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment